Otodine® is a patented ear-cleansing solution for dogs and cats that contains a unique combination of chlorhexidine and Tris-EDTA. Otodine has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties to help balance the microflora in the ear. Tris EDTA helps potentiate chlorhexidine and other active ingredients meaning it is ideal for daily use as a pre-treatment ear cleanser before the application of medicated drops. Otodine can be used 2-3 times a week as a long-term maintenance cleanser to promote good aural hygiene when underlying bacteria or yeast have been identified. It is not astringent and does not irritate sensitive ear canals. Check for an intact ear drum in cats.
- Chlorhexidine digluconate
- pH 8.0
Directions for use
Otodine® can be used after cleansing the ear with Otoact or Clorexyderm Oto Piú.
- Do not touch the skin with the tip of the bottle.
- Squeeze into the ear canal until it is completely filled.
- Massage the base of the ear for at least 1 minute to allow the solution to reach the bottom of the canal.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- Dry the ear canal carefully with a cotton ball or gauze wrapped around a finger and remove all residual debris, including inside the pinna.
- Other ear products may be applied after 10 minutes.
- Apply twice daily for at least 14 days.
We also recommend
Sterile solution for dogs and cats that breaks down bacterial and fungal biofilms in the ears and on the skin, and can be used in conjunction with Otodine® and products from the Peptivet range.
Peptivet Ear Drops
Antibacterial and antifungal ear drops to help manage bacteria and yeast in dogs prone to ear problems.
Peptivet Oto Gel
Innovative otic gel for the ears of dogs and cats, with moisturising and soothing effects. Contains the synergistic substances AMP2041 peptide, Tris-EDTA and chlorhexidine digluconate that help manage bacteria and yeast.