Sublingual allergy drops are a great solution for animals who prefer a needle-free option and/or have patients that have had issues tolerating allergy injections in the past. Proper and consistent administration is key to success.
This method requires daily administration and no food or drink 10 minutes before or after the drops for it to be effective!
Withhold food/water 10 minutes before & after treatment to maximize allergen absorption.
- Store the bottles in your refrigerator
- Prime the pump by depressing several times until the allergen releases consistently
- Rest the dispensing arm of the pump on the patient’s lower lip near the side of their mouth
- Depress the pump fully and quickly, so the dosage is released between cheek and gum
- Praise your animal
- Return vial to refrigerator
- Always monitor for 45 minutes as a precaution
Possible Side Effects
If you notice an increase in allergy symptoms within 48 hours after a dose, STOP treatment and contact your veterinarian.
Common reactions may include: an increase in allergy symptoms, swelling at injection site, increased itchiness and/or redness.
Serious, but rare reactions may include: hives, vomiting, diarrhea, abnormal drowsiness, facial swelling, collapse. If you notice any of these reactions, seek medical attention immediately.
Call your veterinarian with the following information:
- Date of last dose
- Dosage amount
- Vial color
- Patient’s symptoms
- When symptoms occurred
Sublingual Drops Instructions