Epato is a complementary feed / diet feed available in tablet and paste form. It protects the liver and promotes healthy liver function in dogs and cats with liver disorders, fatty liver or those on medicines that affect the liver.
Complementary feed / diet feed for protecting the liver and regenerating function. For dogs and cats with liver disorders or those on medicinal therapies.
– Extract of Milk Thistle: rich in silymarin (comprising flavonoids silibyn, silydianin and silychristin) that:
- Stimulates antioxidation and detoxifying capacity of the liver
- Stimulates regeneration of liver cells
- Increases biliary excretion
- Normalises the fat content of the liver
- Reduces irritative responses in the liver
- Significantly reduces levels of liver enzymes like AST (aspartate aminotransferase) and ALT (alanine aminotransferase)
– Brewer’s yeast (Saccharomyces cervisiae): a source of the prebiotic fibre MOS (mannan-oligosaccharides) that regulates intestinal microflora, and beta-glucan that stimulates the immune system
– Lecithin: a source of phosphatidylcholine that enhances intestinal absorption of silymarin
– Aluminosilicate (only in tablets): binds heavy metals and fungal toxins
Directions for use
Administer paste to food and tablets directly in the mouth, once daily.
- Dogs (tablet): 1 per 20 kg bodyweight
- Cats (paste): 1 ml per 5 kg bodyweight
We recommend giving daily for at least 30 days.