Otoact dissolves ear wax effectively in dogs and cats. It contains squalene, an effective cerumenolytic, and chamomile which has soothing properties. It does not sting, and is not ototoxic. It can be used in dogs with ruptured eardrums, but cannot be used in cats with ruptured eardrums.
- Squalene: high cerumenolytic properties
- Salicylic acid: keratinolytic and astringent (drying) effects
- Chamomile: soothing and softening
- Tannic acid: relieves discomfort
- pH 5.5
Directions for use
Use in the clinic as an effective wax dissolvent prior to ear flushing or other treatments. Use in the home for pets with excessive wax production.
- Shake well before use.
- Squeeze into the ear canal.
- Massage the base of the ear gently for a few seconds.
- Wipe off excess fluid with a finger wrapped in a piece of gauze or cotton wool.
For pets at home, repeat 1–2 times per week.