Tris-NAC is an ear and skin flush containing two highly synergistic and innovative active substances that break down bacterial and fungal biofilms. Tris-EDTA has an antibacterial action and helps prevent the formation of new biofilm, while N-Acetylcysteine breaks down existing biofilm. It can be used before applying medicated drops when bacterial resistance is a concern. Tris-NAC can be used in conjunction with Otodine® and products from the Peptivet range to help manage ear cases. Clean the ear first with Otodine. For use in dogs and cats.
Sterile ear and skin cleanser for dogs and cats that breaks down bacterial and fungal biofilms, and can be used in conjunction with Otodine® and products from the Peptivet range.
Directions for use
The active substances are provided in separate containers and must be mixed before use. Tris-EDTA is provided in a bottle (Bottle A) and N-acetylcysteine is provided in a cap (Cap B).
- Remove lid from the bottle A.
- Remove protective plastic seal from Cap B
- Screw Cap B on to the Bottle A.
- Once screwed on to Bottle A push down hard on Cap B (until a click is heard) to release the N-acetylcysteine into Bottle A.
- Shake the bottle vigorously and remove Cap B.
- Pour a small volume of the solution into a small container of choice.
- Use the applicator to draw up a volume of solution, from the container, according to directions from the vet.
- Apply the Tris-NAC solution as required.
Ear canal: Squeeze the solution into the ear canal, then cover the ear with the ear flap and gently massage the base of the ear. Leave for 3–5 minutes and remove any excess with a cotton wool pad.
- Small dog/cat: 1 ml
- Medium-sized dog: 2–3 ml
- Large dog: 3–5 ml
Skin: Apply directly to the skin and ensure the whole area is covered. Draw up more solution if needed (or according to directions from the vet). Leave to dry.
Repeat application as necessary (or as directed by a vet).
Other products can be used 10 minutes after application.
The shelf-life of the mixed solution is 50 days.
Mixing other products into the bottle is not recommended.