Otodine® is a patented ear-cleansing solution for dogs and cats that contains a unique combination of chlorhexidine and Tris-EDTA. Can be used on its own, or as a complement to treatment of otitis (e.g. due to Malassezia (yeast) and bacteria). It does not sting and is not ototoxic, and can be used in dogs when the eardrum is ruptured (but not in cats with ruptured eardrums).
Patented ear-cleansing solution for use in dogs and cats, containing chlorhexidine and Tris-EDTA.
- Chlorhexidine digluconate
- pH 8.0
Directions for use
Otodine® can be used after cleansing the ear with Otoact or Clorexyderm Oto Piú.
- Do not touch the skin with the tip of the bottle.
- Squeeze into the ear canal until it is completely filled.
- Massage the base of the ear for at least 1 minute to allow the solution to reach the bottom of the canal.
- Leave for a few minutes.
- Dry the ear canal carefully with a cotton ball or gauze wrapped around a finger and remove all residual debris, including inside the pinna.
- Other ear products may be applied after 10 minutes.
- Apply twice daily for at least 14 days.
We also recommend
Effective and soothing wax-dissolving ear cleanser for dogs and cats. Contains squalene, an effective cerumenolytic.
Sterile, mild, alkaline skin-and-ear flush containing Tris-EDTA, for direct application to the skin or ear canal in dogs, cats and horses.
Clorexyderm Oto Piú
Ear cleanser suitable for regular use in dogs and cats, containing lactobionic acid for deep moisturising.