NextEQuine is an innovative serological test for detecting IgE in the serum of horses. Our proprietary monoclonal antibody 1C12 is derived from a recombinant horse-specific IgE, and guarantees the highest specificity and sensitivity.
Key facts about NextEQ Technology
- Ground-breaking technology
- Uses a unique horse-specific monoclonal antibody from recombinant horse IgE
- Specificity of 100% for IgE and high sensitivity
- No cross-reaction with other immunoglobulins (like IgG)
- Only gives relevant positive results
- High treatment compliance
- Specially developed for horses
- Short-term medications do not have to be discontinued
- Examines the most relevant indoor and outdoor allergens
- Available as screening or as a complete panel
- Results clearly set out and easy to interpret
- Support provided by our allergy experts
NextEQ Screening Environmental
This environmental screening test indicates whether any of the tested allergens are positive (positive result), or whether they are all are negative (negative result). It does not specify which allergens.
NextEQ Complete Environmental
This test provides results for individual allergens, so that an allergen-specific immunotherapy can be ordered. The result comes with clear treatment advice.
1. What are the advantages of a serum test compared with a skin test?
- The NextEQ Serum Test is more efficient than a skin test in terms of time and costs.
- The NextEQ Serum Test tests for individual allergens of the most relevance.
- The result is easy to interpret and to discuss with the pet parent.
- The pet’s coat does not need to be shaved.
- Symptomatic medications, such as corticosteroids, do not need to be discontinued before carrying out the test.
2. Which drugs can be administered without affecting the results of the serum test?
As far as we know, the following medications can be administered without affecting the results:
- Corticosteroids (if taken for no longer than 2–3 months)
- Anti-fungal drugs
- Insect-repellent agents and devices
- Heart medications
3. Can NextEQ Screening and Complete tests be performed on full blood or plasma instead of serum?
For optimal test completion, serum is preferable. However, sending plasma or full blood samples will not negatively affect the result.
4. Is it a problem to use serum tubes other than the ones supplied for collecting serum?
Using a different serum tube is not a problem.
5. What volume of serum do I need to send?
1.5 ml of serum.
6. How long does it take for results to be ready?
Results are available 2 days after arriving at our laboratory.