PAX is the first quantitative multiplex macroarray specifically designed for companion animals that tests for both allergen extracts and molecular components.
Molecular allergology is a state-of-the-art approach to the detection of sensitisations, whereby defined single allergen components are used for the determination of specific IgE in place of traditionally-used allergen extracts. The molecular components are recombinant proteins that provide a higher level of standardisation than allergen extracts and enable a more precise identification of IgE sensitisations.
Molecular allergology tests are powerful tools that help pinpoint allergy triggers, thus facilitating risk assessment and therapy decisions
Key Facts about PAX:
- First quantitative multiplex macroarray specifically designed for companion animals
- Over 200 allergens included = lower testing cost per allergen (see list of allergens)
- Fully automated process = higher level of standardization (same result if tested multiple times)
- With CCD blocking and 2 blocking efficiency detectors
- Only 0.5 ml of serum needed per test
- Expected increase in serological test sensitivity due to a higher concentration of molecular allergens
- Identification of ”primary” sensitizing allergens
- Identification of allergen cross-reactivities
- Selection of relevant allergens for specific immunotherapy
- Garanteed 100% reliable screening test
- Fast results
- Continuous support and advice with our vet allergy experts
Ask your vet about this product.